Now that it’s finally December, I feel that I can finally talk about Christmas gifts! As mentioned in a previous post, Trevor and I are headed to Panama for Christmas and New years so we are celebrating the holidays with our families before we leave. This year, I kept my wish list pretty simple and the kitchen items were minimal since I’m in need of a few beach essentials.
Since I am not asking for any kitchen gadgets or appliances, I thought I would share my favourite items from my kitchen to share for gift suggestions for you! There’s a group of expensive items and a list of items that would be great for stocking stuffers or if you need a smaller gift for someone.
Gifts over $100
1. Vitamix Blender– Now that I have one, I couldn’t live without it! We use it everyday at our house to make green smoothies, soups and lots of desserts. It’s expensive but in my opinion, it’s worth the money. This one is currently on sale at The Bay.
2. Le Creuset Round French Oven– Another item that comes on sale a lot. They are always at the bay, but I got mine at Home Sense a few years ago. I usually make soup at least once a week so it gets used a lot. It’s one of those items in my kitchen that just makes me happy every time I pull it out of the cupboard! Plus, I’m a sucker for anything in the colour Marseille.
3. Cast Iron Skillet– Trevor got one for Christmas last year and it’s probably his favourite thing in the kitchen! I couldn’t find the link to the one that we have (which was from Amazon) but check out this one.
4. Le Creuset Baking Dishes– We got this set for a wedding gift and love them. There is 3 different sizes and I have used them for dips, casseroles, lasagnas… the list goes on! They come in different colours but I love the blue ones of course!
5. Cutco Knives– These knives are expensive but last forever and are very easy to sharpen. We have a few different brands of knives in our kitchen but this one is by far my favourite.
Gifts under $100
1. Camille Red Wine Glasses aka the wine glasses Olivia Pope uses on every episode of Scandal- If you know someone that loves the show Scandal like me, get them these glasses. All they will need is a giant bowl of popcorn and it will be handled.
2. Mini Spatulas– these little guys are life changing. They’re perfect for making aioli, mixing up something in a small bowl or getting out that last bit of peanut butter at the bottom of the jar.
3. Silicone Baking Mat- These are great for the baker in your life!
4. Cookbooks that have awesome recipes and that look cool- I know not to choose a book by its cover, but when I’m browsing for new cookbooks, I am usually drawn to the ones that will look good on our shelf in our kitchen. Oh She Glows Everyday, Twenty Dinners and Three Times a Day are all beautiful and are filled with delicious recipes!
5. Stemless wine glasses– these glasses are my go to wine glasses when I’m not watching Scandal.
6. Maple Kettle Corn Popcorn Seasoning– This is the BEST popcorn seasoning every! It’s small, so it’s the perfect thing to tuck in a stocking.