Happy Sunday! I hope everyone has had a great weekend. While I am writing this, Trevor is installing sprinklers in the backyard. Here’s a little update on our yard situation:
When we first moved into our house 2 1/2 years ago, we were the only house on the block. We knew that we didn’t want to build a fence or do any of the other yard work until we had neighbours so it has been a long time coming! We finally have houses on all sides of ours. Last weekend we stained the deck and this weekend Trevor is installing sprinklers. The driveway is being poured on Tuesday this week, which means we can finally build a fence next weekend (when I say we, I mainly mean Trevor)! After that, sod will be rolled out and we can finally enjoy our backyard.
All this waiting has left me with some time to browse Pinterest and different websites for the little details that make a yard fun. Check out some of the favourite things I have found so far!
- Patio Rug On sale for $29.95 right now from Simons.
- Cutlery Caddy from the Bay
- Throw Pillow from H&M (they ship to Canada now!)
- Watermelon Planter from Anthropologie
- Pineapple Lantern from Simons
- Flower planter from Anthropologie (good luck trying not to buy everything in the gardening section!)
- Pineapple Tumbler from Urban Outfitters
- Gardening gloves from Anthropologie
- Pineapple Seat Cushions from Simons
I’ll post some pictures in a few weeks when the yard is finished, but in the meantime, I will be shopping for more things to fill it up!